If you’re in the market for off-grid land for sale and escaping the city life, then you’re going to need to navigate the unknown! Here’s some tools and tips you might find helpful before going on your next adventure into the unknown 🙂
– Google is your best friend.
– Check out USFS Maps: https://www.fs.fed.us/visit/maps
– Check out BLM maps: https://www.blm.gov/maps
– Use GPS coordinates in google earth and maps and study more than one access option > Quick tutorial video here: How to use GPS & Google Earth in locating rural land
– Look on county websites for ‘GIS’ mapping programs they provide.. Most states/counties have sites that allow you to search by the Parcel or Account ID to pull up the property of interest on a GIS map and look at different layers, roads, parcel lines, landowners, etc.
– Buy a Garmin, Onyx, or some sort of navigation tool besides your cell phone.
– Contact the seller for any tips or advice
– CalTopo provides a nice mapping system: CalTopo Maps
And don’t forget to tell a friend where you’re going!
Adventure on your OWN land,
Want to know when new land is in?
Sign up here to receive email notifications as new listings come available!