Did you know that there are over 245 million acres of public land in the United States that are managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) on behalf of all Americans?
What are these public lands for? Amazingly, these lands support the nation’s need for conventional and renewable energy, minerals, timber, grazing lands, watershed protection, home to wildlife and fish, and offer exceptional opportunities for outdoor recreations.
Where are these BLM lands located? Most BLM lands are in Western states, including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming.
What can you do on BLM lands?
- Hunters can discover the outdoors and experience traditional activities.
- Anglers can come across variety of fish and wildlife game species including elk, bison, bighorn sheep, pronghorn, mule and white-tailed deer, javelina, quail, turkey, duck, trout, and salmon.
- Other recreational activities such as camping, biking, hiking, off-highway driving, horseback riding, swimming, etc.
Owning a property next to a BLM land or national forest is considered fulfillment of a dream. Here’s why…
- Allows homeowner to experience the beauty of the forest, abundant wildlife, stunning scenery, and a sense of solitude, FOR FREE!
- Involvement on project planning and decision-making processes since national forests are considered as “working” forests managed for multiple uses like wildlife, timber, water quality, and recreation.
- Your property could become one of their partners! BLM works with local communities, state agencies, tribes, regional and national groups, and partners to improve hunting and fishing opportunities and expand access to these experiences. On average, BLM managed public lands received 7.3 million hunting and fishing visits, helping to support local economies.
- Economic opportunity and stability from the jobs and economic yield associated with activities on public lands.
Here at Wilco Land, we often have cool properties that adjoin BLM land and National Forests so feel free to check out our website at www.wilcolandllc.com so you too can enjoy all these perks for yourself or with your family, friends, and pets!
Want to know when new land is in?
Sign up here to receive email notifications as new listings come available!