Description: World class land investment in Gothic Valley Colorado. This area was featured on National Geographic and is known for world renowned mountain biking, hiking, camping and recreation. If you haven’t been here, then you won’t fully grasp how spectacular it is here. Massive peaks, biodiversity, world class mountain biking, hiking and recreation, and on top of that, Gunnison National Forest and Judd Falls are in your backyard.
Located in Crested Butte, Colorado tucked away in Gothic Valley. This epic land investment is as rare as they come. The Rocky Mountain Biological Lab has a little coffee shop and small cabins back here. They own the majority of land in this valley, granted there isn’t much private ownership at all in Gothic Valley. You’d be own of the few people in the world to claim ownership here.
Simply put, this offers a one-of-a kind opportunity to have your own private camping/RV site in Gothic Valley. You can see one landowner two parcels to the south has carved out a gravel pad for an airstream, which offers an idea of what can be done. There is another landowner with a home built into the ground (grandfathered in). However, building may be challenging here because these properties are in an avalanche zone (landslide/earthflow geologic hazard). You will need to get a geologic hazard evaluation. This will help determine your options on the parcel. If you get creative and building is ever approved, it will take time, resources and effort on your end but you’ll have a priceless piece of real estate asset. As technology advances, I believe the chances of building here will only get better.
If you’re looking for a prized land investment in Colorado, this is it. Whatever you decide to do with this property, you’re sure to own something special.
National Geographic Article: Click here to view
Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory (RMBL): Click here to visit their site
This property is being sold as-is. Buyer to perform their own due diligence. The land is priced as a recreational investment and an opportunity to get creative with land use. If deemed buildable, the value would be 2-3x the asking price. Cash offers are preferred.
- Acreage: 2.69
- County: Gunnison
- State: Colorado
- Parcel ID: 3177-030-01-025
- Google Maps: Click here
- Zoning: Gunnison County does not have zoning.Gunnison County has no zoning. They require land use change permits for all properties in Gunnison County. A land use change could be considered a change in use, a new building, etc. The county has no zoning map.
- Land Use / Zoning Summary: Gunnison County does not have zoning. Buyer is to perform their own due diligence pertaining to land use and development.
- County Zoning Contact Info:
- Website: Click here
- Phone Number: (970) 641-7930
- View County/Property Zoning Info Here: Click here
- Annual Taxes: $143.20
- Access Notes: Use GPS coordinates & onxmaps to access.
- Plan your route before you go. We recommend using the GPS coordinates and an app like OnxMaps (see our blog for a tutorial), County GIS maps, our Google Earth map link and Satellite images to map out potential access routes before visiting.
- Be safe when visiting! Rural, undeveloped land can be dangerous due to terrain, poor or non-existent road access, etc. and calls for caution when visiting. Tell someone where you are going and when you will return. Remember, to respect local landowners and laws. Do not trespass. Ultimately, you, the customer, are responsible for identifying access through due diligence. Wilco will not be held responsible for any actions or outcomes by visitors to our property.
- Utilities Notes: Undeveloped.
- Camping: Yes. Camping & RVs are allowed. Refer to Gunnison County Land Use Resolution for specifics and definitions of camping: Click here
- RV Usage: Yes. It is permitted up to 14 days a year, any more than that and you’d need to apply for a long term camping permit. These are not approved without a place to dispose of waste (onsite septic system). These allow long term camping to occur to 180 days, but you’ll need to have septic installed first.
Location Details: Use this link to view the parcel outline on Google Earth/Maps: Click here
- Center Coordinates: 38.952559, -106.991281
- NW Corner: 38.952820, -106.992284
- NE Corner: 38.952919, -106.990253
- SE Corner: 38.952356, -106.990255
- SW Corner: 38.952257, -106.992270
- Approximate Address: CRESTED BUTTE, CO 81224
Don’t know how to use GPS coordinates? Here’s a quick tutorial I made: link
|Down Payment %||Down Payment Amount||Monthly Payment (12 Months)||Monthly Payment (24 Months)||Monthly Payment (36 Months)||Monthly Payment (48 Months)||Monthly Payment (60 Months)|
These options don’t work for you? Check out our calculator to create a plan that works for you, then send it to us to see if we can make it work!
*Wilco reserves the right to approve or deny any proposed installment payment plans.
Ready to make an offer? Call or text Miles McLaughlin at 605-250-1256 or [email protected] to learn more or make a purchase.
Are you a Realtor with a Buyer? Wilco is happy to pay Buyers agent’s commission if you bring us a Buyer. Contact us.
Our customers partner with Wilco Land for their land investments, because we’re different from other land sellers. We offer:
- Seller financing: Low down payments, flexible terms, and no credit checks
- Education and guidance: Free 1-on-1 consultation, property videos, educational blog posts, training, and market reports to give you the knowledge and confidence to make the right land investment.
- You can grow with us. We offer a land upgrade program, referral program, and more than one person has made money flipping our properties.
*This information is reliable but not guaranteed. Neither Wilco LLC or its associates are responsible for the accuracy of this information. Customers are responsible for all necessary due diligence pertaining to a purchase. Rural, undeveloped land can be dangerous due to terrain, poor or non-existent road access, etc. and calls for caution when visiting. Wilco will not be held responsible for any action or outcomes by visitors to our property.