If you’re looking for mountains, forests, rivers, and lakes — Shasta county is your spot. A stone’s throw from more populated spots, Shasta county is Northern California at its finest!
Our customers love this area because:
- Shasta County offers all of the amenities of the big city while retaining a comfortable small town atmosphere. Easily accessible, with low crime rates and friendly communities.
- Easily one of the most picturesque counties in all of California. Shasta County attracts people from larger urban areas with its natural beauty, reasonable prices. Think mountains, forests, rivers, and lakes.
- Recreational opportunities galore. Large acreage gives you the freedom to pursue your dreams, from fishing to hunting, and everything in between. Don’t forget – Shasta has some of the most beautiful roads and driving in the country!
- Beautiful country with mountains, rivers, and forests
- Affordable Land
- Most towns are located on I-5
- Lake Shasta is a huge draw and landmark
- Great boating and fishing
California’s largest city north of Sacramento, Redding is a recreational hub boasting everything from world-class fishing on the renowned Sacramento River to the educational Turtle Bay Exploration Park. The internationally-renowned Sundial Bridge stretches over the Sacramento River as part of Redding’s 36-mile network of trails.
Shasta Lake, the largest lake in California, holds the title of “Houseboat Capitol of the World”. The lake was formed by Shasta Dam, the tallest center overflow dam in the world. Lake Shasta Caverns, dated at least 200 million years, are made entirely of limestone and feature every type of possible formation, including stalactites, stalagmites, soda straws, columns and flowstone.
Off Highway 44E is the northern entrance to Lassen Volcanic National Park. Just north of the park are the Subway Cave Lava Tubes, an underground, easily-explored volcanic phenomenon.
- Shasta County Resource Department: Click to go to Resource Department Homepage
- Shasta County Planning Division: Click to go to Planning Homepage
- Zoning information: Click to go Directly to Zoning Definitions
- Well Drilling: There are more to be found but a couple local businesses that offers Wells are Foster Well Drilling and Shasta Drilling, Inc. at prices of ~$30-$45 per ft.
- Solar Installation Services: There are more to explore but one local business in Shasta County offering this service is Ulrich Energy and Solar
Want to know when new land is in?
Sign up here to receive email notifications as new listings come available!