Nestled in the heart of western South Dakota’s Custer County, is this 55 acre parcel waiting for a new owner to invest in this chunk of land. This large tract of land is located in the sought-after Elk Mountain Range near the Wyoming Border. It’s a rural location between Custer, SD and Newcastle, WY. The land is surrounded by breathtaking views of the Black Hills and neighboring Mount Rushmore.
The location of this property is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Located next to the Elk Mountain Range on the South Dakota Wyoming border. You have nearby access to the Elk Range, BLM lands and this 55 acre adjoins thousands of acres of a Walk-in Area Hunting Program to the south, which offers access to abundant hunting and wildlife viewing opportunities. The Elk Range is famous for Elk hunting. This region also showcases Big Horn Sheep, Antelope, Turkey, Deer, Coyotes, Mountain Lion, Pheasants, and more in this region. Owning this property makes you a South Dakota resident and only South Dakota residents are eligible to apply for and receive an elk license in South Dakota. According to the county, horses, cattle and livestock are allowed as well…. Great faces, great places, South Dakota
This 55 acre in Custer County, South Dakota is a special land investment. These large unrestricted tracts of land don’t exist in very many places and Western South Dakota still has manageable prices, unlike many markets out West. This slice of heaven in South Dakota is where freedom exists. Don’t wait too long to invest in South Dakota.
- Acreage: 55.79
- County: Custer
- State: South Dakota
- Parcel ID: 007678
- Google Maps: Click here
- Zoning: Custer County does not have a Zoning.
- Land Use / Zoning Summary: Custer County does not have a Zoning.
No restrictions on what you want to build. All they ask is to follow the procedures for building on a property. Which will be outlined in the packet attached here.
- County Zoning Contact Info:
- Website: Click here
- Phone Number: (605) 673-8174
- View County/Property Zoning Info Here: Click here
- Annual Taxes: $377.94
- Access Notes: Access is via Dewey Road that goes right along the property.
- Plan your route before you go. We recommend using the GPS coordinates and an app like OnxMaps (see our blog for a tutorial), County GIS maps, our Google Earth map link and Satellite images to map out potential access routes before visiting.
- Be safe when visiting! Rural, undeveloped land can be dangerous due to terrain, poor or non-existent road access, etc. and calls for caution when visiting. Tell someone where you are going and when you will return. Remember, to respect local landowners and laws. Do not trespass. Ultimately, you, the customer, are responsible for identifying access through due diligence. Wilco will not be held responsible for any actions or outcomes by visitors to our property.
- Utilities Notes:1. Power posts along main road within a quarter mile of property
2. Water would be by well or cistern
3. Septic needed for Sewer.
- Camping: Camping and RVs are allowed.
- Mobile Homes: Mobiles homes are allowed.
Location Details: Use this link to view the parcel outline on Google Earth/Maps: Click here
- Center Coordinates: 43.66053688 -104.0025553
- NW Corner: 43.662032, -104.005147
- NE Corner: 43.661796, -103.997765
- SE Corner: 43.658768, -103.995994
- SW Corner: 43.658799, -104.005106
Don’t know how to use GPS coordinates? Here’s a quick tutorial I made: link
|Down Payment %||Down Payment Amount||Monthly Payment (12 Months)||Monthly Payment (24 Months)||Monthly Payment (36 Months)||Monthly Payment (48 Months)||Monthly Payment (60 Months)|
These options don’t work for you? Check out our calculator to create a plan that works for you, then send it to us to see if we can make it work!
*Wilco reserves the right to approve or deny any proposed installment payment plans.
Ready to make an offer? Call or text Miles McLaughlin at 605-250-1256 or [email protected] to learn more or make a purchase.
Our customers partner with Wilco Land for their land investments, because we’re different from other land sellers. We offer:
- Seller financing: Low down payments, flexible terms, and no credit checks
- Education and guidance: Free 1-on-1 consultation, property videos, educational blog posts, training, and market reports to give you the knowledge and confidence to make the right land investment.
- You can grow with us. We offer a land upgrade program, referral program, and more than one person has made money flipping our properties.
*This information is reliable but not guaranteed. Neither Wilco LLC or its associates are responsible for the accuracy of this information. Customers are responsible for all necessary due diligence pertaining to a purchase. Rural, undeveloped land can be dangerous due to terrain, poor or non-existent road access, etc. and calls for caution when visiting. Wilco will not be held responsible for any action or outcomes by visitors to our property.