Opportunity knocks on this 157.50 acres of land, surrounded by thousands of acres of public lands (see aerial images below). Nearby an abundance of national parks and forests, hiking trails, and TONs of hunting areas! It is located just south of a hunting and shooting club, with an RV/campground – Definitely, worth giving their site a visit because it tells a lot about the area. See here: http://www.statelinervca.com/
This area is filled with great hunting, recreation, lakes, and is under 10 miles from Lava Beds National Monument plus a whole lot of BLM land to explore. There is road access on Dorris Brownell Rd (now called Klamath Lk. Rd). The majority of the property looks to be fenced already as well. And did I mention, Tulelake is under 5 miles from the property!
Overall, this is a rural area that has a nearby grocery/liquor store in town for all your necessities. To the north is the campground/RV park and hunting/shooting club, and towards the south you will start to run into more agriculture and farming.
The eastern side of the parcel has some unique and mountainous features for recreation, off-roading, and hunting. The west side of the property is much flatter and offers areas for building or farming/ranching. Per our photographer notes, it looks like the land on the west side of Dorris Brownell Rd/Klamath Lk. Rd may have been used for farming in the past.
158 acres offers a lot of possibilities, here’s a few of my thoughts…
One, on the east side of the property there are off road tracks, and from what I’ve heard it has been used in the past for dirt bikes/quads/off-roading. Bring your friends and family to go enjoy some off-roading, and adventure on your land. Maybe, it’s a business idea where you set up an off roading course and clubhouse for the people visiting the campground/hunting club to the north.
Two, if you’re an outdoorsman, this is a GREAT area for hunting and recreation. You will find deer, duck, quail, duck, mountain lion, and elk across this region and even on the land. Enjoy a hunting retreat, shooting range, and place to call home base or rent out. Not only is there hunting and fishing, but there is multiple national parks, lakes, and wildlife areas for exploration.
Three, maybe you’re considering a homestead, farming, ranching, or just need some space for whatever hobbies you have. This property has various terrain, and areas to use. Not to mention a lot of it already being fenced. Based on nearby agriculture, and bodies of water, I would guess you wouldn’t have to go too deep for a well.
Whatever you are considering land for, it’s hard to go wrong with this much acreage at this low of price. Land is one of the oldest and safest assets out there, and while you watch it appreciate in value you can even use it for fun!
– Merrill, Oregon is just 2 miles to the north.
– Tulelake, California is just 8 miles to the east
Parcel ID: 001-010-260-000
Zoning: AG-2-B-40 (Non-Prime Agricultural, 40 acre minimum). There is a small section in the southwest section (between Lower Klamath Lake Road and the property boundary) that is zoned AG-1 (Prime Agricultural).
Annual Taxes: $341.86
Approximate GPS coordinates: (see aerial image of each coordinate in photos below)
- -NE: 41.997310, -121.593270
- -NW: 41.997184, -121.603078
- -Center 1: 41.993928, -121.596934
- -Center 2: 41.993156, -121.597909
- -SW Center: 41.993990, -121.602910
- -SW: 41.990607, -121.597890
- -East Center: 41.993926, -121.593224
- -Far East Center: 41.993826, -121.588339
- -SE: 41.990267, -121.588294
Approximate Address: Dorris Brownell Road/Lower Klamath Rd.
** Most vacant land does not have an address, to visit or see the location, try using the GPS numbers in your maps app or plug them right into google. Personally, I find that Google Maps/Earth link very helpful**
Google earth/maps link: Click here
– Seller financing is available, please contact for details.
– Free and clear title provided and cash offers are encouraged!
* This information is reliable but not guaranteed. Neither Wilco Land or it’s associates are responsible for the accuracy of this information. The power is in your hands to make sure this is the right purchase for you. Don’t stress, hundreds of individuals have bought land from us and are happy with their purchase. We are here to help, and don’t forget about our 90 day money back guarantee!